This year has certainly not been a quiet one! Lots happening on job side of life and even more happening on private projects side.
So what is going on, you may ask. Lets see...
Since last post (january):
- Acquired some simulation hardware: yoke system and pedals
- Acquired a nice 40" LED TV (Samsung) for side view, still looking a good deal for another side view.
- Acquired one PC for visuals (in addition to two existing PCs and one Mac)
- Acquired enough X-Plane 10 licences to run three display system
- Created proof of concept system for connecting avionics panel etc. to X-Plane 10 via Raspberry Pi
- Connected range hood to home automation system via Electric Imp
- One cabinet door still missing hinges. I think I need to build my own hinges...
- Floor needs to be sanded and refinished. I think this will be outsourced.
- Countertop lights work via remote control. Will be connected to home automation system later.
- Controlled by Electric Imp now. Needs some sw upgrade because in case of internet outage, fan stops.
- Can be controlled from downstairs via Nokia N810 tablet (+ python/gtk GUI).
- Still looking for new engines.
- Full rebuild ongoing. More later.
- First harvest is done. We have not bought any veggies since june or something. Great success.
And couple new projects...
Cold room, or "temperature controlled storage"
- Now we have 6.7 cubic meters (236.6 cuft) of temperature controlled storage. Can be kept around 4C without using too much electricity. Good for bee... I mean beet, red beet. Yes, that's what I mean. ;)
- Old fridge + smoke generator + Electric Imp + salmon = delicious. Absolutely delicious.
I need to post some pictures. Hopefully before the years end so stay tuned (if there is anyone wathing this any more...)