Field test. (Sort of)

Success! (Sort of...)
This morning I drove to work wearing the heater liner under my leather jacket.
It was wired to prototype controller...
And everything worked just fine!

I think I need to cut about 5cm off from heater wires because it took about 6 minutes for the liner to heat up.
If I shorten the wire, it will heat up more quickly but it will also generate more heat. And that is a problem if the controller decides to give it full power.
Currently MOSFETs in controller do have a pull-down resistor just in case if MCU leaves gate control pin floating but what if MCU dies and pulls pin up? Hmmm....
Do I need to add another MCU to circuit to keep the "main" MCU an eye and shut system down if needed?

Popular posts from this blog

Yeah!

Smoke on the wat....

Hiljaista tällä rintamalla...